Sonntag, 6. April 2014

First day in the holidays

Saturday, 5th April 2014
written by Tim Gymnich

My first day in the holidays started with a traditional Australien breakie. We had bacon and eggs on toast. After having breakfast, my host family and I prepared for the beach. We put the beach gear and the surfboards in the car. On our way to Greenmount Beach they showed me Burleigh Heads. We took the scenic route so I saw lots of nice beaches and places on the Gold Coast. At the beach I tried surfing but I didn't do very well as it is very difficult to catch the wave and then stand up. After I tried surfing, my billet and I went swimming. When we were done we stepped back into the car and went to New South Wales to see the Captain Cook Memorial overlooking Duranbah Beach. The memorial was just on the border between Queensland and New South Wales. Here they have a system that pumps sand to every beach on the Gold Coast through pipelines. After this short stop we drove back to Mermaid Beach and we got ourselves some pies at the bakery. I had a chunky steak pie which was delightful and also the first pie of my life. In the afternoon we played xbox. For dinner we had chicken and rice. After having lunch we watched a movie on TV and afterwards I went to bed. I am really enjoying my time in Australia and am excited for the rest of our time here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen