Donnerstag, 10. April 2014

Anastasia Letting Loose

Thursday, 10th April 2014
written by Anastasia Krieg

Today is Thursday. I have been looking forward to this day because we had some cool activities planned. I woke up at 6.30 am and because no one else was awake, I played with the puppies of my host family. Afterwards I had some breakfast, brushed my teeth and made myself ready to go.

Then my host family drove me to Currumbin Beach, because we had surf lessons organized for us. We were given some surf shirts and a surfboard and told to go to the beach. There we were divided into four groups with each six or seven German students and one teacher. They explained to us what to call the parts of the surf board, how to paddle, how to get up and how to be safe in the water with a surfboard.

After that, at 11ish, we got into the water and we tried to catch some waves and get up on the boards. It was so much fun and even though I was in the water most of the time (instead of on the board because I fell down all the time), I had a really good time and gained some awesome experiences. After surfing we brought back our surfboards and surf shirts and had a “shower” at the beach.

Next I went to Meret’s place with Jenny, another German exchange student and we had some sushi and watermelon for lunch. Then we baked some brownies with raspberries and relaxed by their pool, trying to get tanned, but unfortunately all three of us got sunburned faces as well. At around 5 pm we drove to Robina Shopping Centre and walked around. We were looking for some shorts, but there were none as it is autumn now, so I bought a dress. I got picked up at 6.30 pm while Meret and Jenny stayed there.

Then I came home and had some Thai Beef Salad for dinner. Next I watched a movie and relaxed with my family, which by the way is very nice, funny and lovely, just saying.

Finally I wrote this awesome and unique blog post so you Germans could all learn about our fabulous journey in warm Australia being on holidays, and get jealous because you are still in school.

I leave you with some Australian slang, “G’day mate!”







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen